& AFT MARINE
Briggs and Stratton Boat Motor
Briggs and Stratton Outboard Engine
5 Horse Power
Briggs and Stratton
NEW Briggs & Stratton Boat Motor
Freedom to Explore
NOW AVAILABLE IN
BLACK & CAMOUFLAGE!
- 5 HP 4-cycle OHV Engine
- Forward-Neutral-Reverse Gear Shift
- Tiller Handle Control
- Manual Starting
- Magnetron Electronic Ignition
- 3-blade Aluminum Propeller
- Push-button Stop with Safety Lanyard
- Patented Over Speed Protection Device
- Neutral Start Safety Switch
- 3.0 Gallon Remote Fuel Tank (Included)
- EPA and CARB Emission Compliant
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
The NEW Briggs & Stratton Outboard boat
motor is an affordable way to get into the great outdoors.
Everything about the 4-cycle, 5 HP outboard - safety
features, light weight, power and easy handling - adds up to
great value. Feel the freedom of affordable boating while
you enjoy fishing, hunting, swimming and waterfront fun.
The Briggs & Stratton Outboard Boat Motor has all the
features you expect from a marine outboard. Its light weight
makes it simple to transport and the easy-starting, 5 HP
engine gives you all the power you need to navigate the
waters. A 3-gallon remote fuel tank is included for extra
hours of running time. So while you're out there, spend more
time relaxing on the water.
With the Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle engine, you
get all the benefits of 4-cycle OHV technology, but at a
more economical cost than its 2- and 4-cycle counterparts.
The 4-cycle OHV engine offers easy starting, low emissions
and eliminates the need to mix gas and oil.
Freedom to Explore.
- Displacement 11.5 cu. in (189cc)
- Bore x Stroke 2.688" x 2.04"
- Full Throttle 4000 RPM
- Gear Ratio 1.57/1
- Recommended Transom Height 15"
- Weight 56 lbs
- Designed for Freshwater Use
- Black or Camouflage Body
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK
OUT OUR OTHER SELECTIONS
BS-04500 (LIST $889.99)
BS-05401 (LIST $949.99)$
RETURN TO MAIN
2 Year Briggs & Stratton Warranty
Opti-4 is the highest quality engine lubricant available is formulated
specifically for the severe demands of power equipment.
Opti-4 is a unique blend utilizing patented additive technology for
anti-wear characteristics combined with the industrys highest standard for
anti corrosion and thermal stability.
Interlube starts with the finest motor oil formula and adds properties
specifically designed for maximum power equipment performance.
- Long-life lubrication resistant to
- Extended engine life through patented
- Improved engine performance through
reduction of frictional drag.
- Abrasion-free break in.
- Excellent anti-corrosion properties to
protect engine during storage.
This combination of performance characteristics is further supported
through the DOUBLE WARRANTY.
Here are some answers to common questions you may have about the Briggs
& Stratton 5HP 4-cycle OHV Outboard.
1. Is the Briggs & Stratton Outboard engineered and built as rugged
and dependable as Briggs & Stratton's other engines?
Yes. You're getting over 90 years of engine-building experience and
expertise behind our new Outboard. Our design team included experienced
marine engineers who performed exhaustive testing on the Outboard
components to ensure trouble-free operation.
2. How does the Briggs & Stratton 5HP 4-cycle OHV Outboard compare
to other 5HP outboards?
The Briggs & Stratton 5HP Outboard offers everything that's important
- dependability, easy to start, portability, fuel-efficiency and safety
features - at a more affordable price than other leading outboards.
3. What kind of warranty comes with the Outboard?
In the unlikely event of a defect in material or workmanship of your
Briggs & Stratton 5HP Outboard, you have the peace of mind of a
two-year limited warranty.
4. What if I need service or have a warranty claim?
Getting your Outboard serviced is easy. Simply look in the Yellow Pages
phone directory under Engines, Gasoline or Gasoline Engines for the
nearest Briggs & Stratton authorized service dealer, or search our
Dealer Locator on this site.
5. Does the Outboard start easily and consistently?
Yes. Thanks to Briggs & Stratton's Magnetron electronic ignititon and
4-cycle OHV engine design, the Outboard is easy to start. It comes with an
easy-to-follow instruction card with photographs that take you
step-by-step through the starting process.
6. Do I have to mix oil in the gas tank?
No. The Briggs & Stratton 5HP Outboard's 4-cycle design eliminates the
need to mix oil with the gasoline. The 4-cycle design also results in
better fuel economy and less pollution.
7. What size boat is for the Briggs & Stratton Outboard?
The Outboard is recommended for boats with a transom height of 15".
To promote proper fit and safe operation, please refer to your boat's NMMA
8. Is the Outboard portable?
Yes. The Briggs & Stratton 5HP Outboard weighs only 56 lbs. and
features a carrying handle to make transporting convenient and easy.
9. Does the Outboard meet all environmental regulations?
Yes. The efficient Briggs & Stratton 5HP, 4-cycle OHV Outboard meets
the EPA's 2006 emissions standards as well as CARB's emission standards.
10. Can I use my Outboard in salt and brackish water?
The Briggs & Stratton 5HP Outboard is designed for freshwater use.
Salt and brackish water are extremely corrosive and can lead to premature
failure of components. Such failures are not covered under the Briggs
& Stratton limited warranty.